METRO CENTERS FOR COMMUNITY ADVOCACY
POSITION: Grants Manager
ACCOUNTABILITY: Executive Director
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
HOURS: 35 hours per week full time
All MCCA employees are expected to work as a team to accomplish whichever tasks are necessary to meet the needs of the survivors we serve. This may include diverse tasks such as assisting with sorting donations, grocery shopping, etc. as needed. MCCA uses a Trauma Informed Care Empowerment Model of advocacy and counseling and expects all employees to serve as role models for the survivors and their children. This means treating all members of the program/shelter (survivors, volunteers, other employees and supervisors) with respect and compassion.
We are a multi-racial, multi-ethnic program and shelter, which means that we have clients from a variety of backgrounds (i.e., different cultures, classes, races and sexual orientation) living closely together. It is important to be respectful of those differences. Racist, homophobic, and culturally insensitive comments will not be tolerated at this shelter/ program. By agreeing to employment at MCCA, you are agreeing to this policy.
GRANT MONITORING AND COORDINATION
• Submit monthly and quarterly program reports to meet all deadlines.
• Write and submit grant proposals.
• Assist ED, Accountant and Office Manager with year-end audit.
• Assist ED, Accountant and Office Manager with annual budget preparation.
• Monitor and meet all grant application deadlines.
• Coordinate with ED, Office Manager & Accountant for a timely completion of all grant reports.
• Advise ED of fiscal concerns.
• Be available to flex hours during heavy grant writing periods and end of year audit.
• Attend all staff meetings.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Excellent verbal, written, and communications skills
• Team player
• Reliable Transportation
• Availability for heavy grant periods and audits
• Solid basic math skills and ability to understand statistics and statistical data
• College degree a plus or equivalent experience in grants management
• Ability to work cooperatively with all staff and board members
• Understanding of non-profit management
• Actively participate in gathering statistical data per grantor requirements
• Any other duties as assigned by the Director/ Management